Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Are You Green? Retired Records Is!

This is the coolest Etsy shop I've seen in a very long time!

When I think of buying recycled, handmade products...I'll be honest...it isn't a very good first impression. BUT, Retired Records has broken that stereotype for me and I'll be giving 'green' Etsy shops more of a chance now.
Retired Records is owned by Karen, a mom and wife, of Cincinnati ,OH. Karen is inspired by her friends, family, other artists and nature. As you can guess by the theme of this post, her items are largely made from recycled materials, in particular, old record albums. Her favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip and her favorite item she makes right now are her wine racks.

You will truly find something for everyone in Karen's shop. Just take a look at a few of her items and you'll see why I think her shop is so amazing!
Anything for your home, from wine racks to bowls to art pieces:
And wearables that you would never imagine came from something recycled, let alone an old record!

As you can see, Karen does her part in keeping our planet clean and makes fantastic creations while doing so. Stop by Retired Records and give Karen a shout out. And, as a bonus, Karen usually gives away a small free gift with a purchase!

2 comments:

ABrushWithHumor said...

What a great find! I love the wine bottle holder in RetiredRecords store!

Come on over to my blog where the coffee's perking and the muffins are still warm!

earth and sun folk said...

lovin there shop!